Author Topic: :: April 16 2017 :: Sydney, Nick, Carson, Sileena, Saleetia  (Read 123 times)

Seth

• DH- CO OWNER
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
:: April 16 2017 :: Sydney, Nick, Carson, Sileena, Saleetia
« on: April 28, 2017, 06:01:48 pm »
Starring:

}. Nick Curtis .{
-{Alpha Wolf|Lvl 2|Geri}-
Liberi Cruenti Lunae
DH:RPO - Room Staff
[Carmine Complex]
{- is at or near the Restricted Access: Shifters Only -}
says to [Forced into the Hunt] C:

"And Nick...Thanks."

The words lingered at the end of the phone call for a longer moment that was entirely necessary, then Nick simply said, "I'll send through a name in a moment. Be safe, Carson. See you soon."

He could maybe use that moment to make a list of the oh so many ways this shit could go sidewards, but instead he figured it would take a moment to confirm whether or not the little lady coming through the door would be able to stand in on the meeting. She met the criteria, after all, and well, here she was. Syd breezed in with a timid looking Saleetia in tow, the feel of her beast struggling to keep itself together in the presence of so many others making it perfectly clear to him what had made her go running towards the exit of the club. He could tell that Sydney was helping her remain calm, and a meaningful look in the latter’s direction hopefully conveyed to her that he had seen that and was grateful of it. Syd was learning, was really coming into herself as a wolf and a pack member. He would smile, but the situation seemed to dictate otherwise. “Nick, you remember Saleetia?” There was something loaded in the way she said it, that might’ve had something to do with the timid look on Saleetia’s face.

“Of course, it’s been a while, though.”

”She’s worried it’s been too long. I told her I’d take her home, to the Pack house. I assured her that was okay.”

Ah. Nick had to think back. It HAD been a while. Saleetia had gone back when Noe was still around. Could be quite black and white, his former mate. He couldn’t recall any threats specifically but maybe Saleetia could. “That’s more than alright. It’s home. But no-one’s going to force you there if you want to stop elsewhere while you get your bearings. But, we can help you get your wolf under control - or set her free. Whichever you prefer.” He did manage a smile then.

”See,” Syd smiled too, handling the situation like a pro. “I’ll make sure she gets home safe.”

”Thank you, call me when you’re done,” inside, he felt some sort’ve resignation settle in, he just didn’t realise to what, not just yet. “and Saleetia, welcome home.”

The girls left and Nick reached for his cell, opening a new message intended for Carson, who he knew would be waiting. He pondered for a moment, then sighed, starting tapping. “OK. Meet at Carmine’s Code:Red entrance. Will be there waiting,” he hesitated, felt his heart beat a little harder in his chest. “With Neala.”

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Moderate-Level 1
DH|IR
[Other location in Orlando]
{-Is in another location in Orlando-}
says to ]..|Delusions of Grandeu:

The drop off to Trevor was quick but it wasn’t painless. The kid asked questions, even extended a veiled threat at one point though it was cast out as a general “dangerous when bored” message. The werewolf knew well enough that vampires could well be, but the young one who had been hiding (Trevor would probably say crashing) at his apartment had spent more time watching Netflix than he did making any trouble. Unless you counted making it exceedingly difficult to take home company.
And Carson missed certain company.
He missed a werewolf. How ridiculous that would have seemed when he’d first rolled into Orlando back in May, 2013.

Almost four years ago. An old country couple, Darrell and Shelly, had offered kindness to a stranger when they’d found him hitching a ride from the side of a back road. He’d come here for a reason. And perhaps he stayed for that reason, but there’d been more added to it. Every day, every night, for four years.
Carson might be bedding up with a werewolf several nights a week, but there was a time he’d spent more time going than coming. He wasn’t much loved by werewolves before, had to put down more than a couple in self-defense or… well, when needed. He met a lot of werewolves, a lot of packs, and been met with a lot of violence, degradation, and often there lingered the threat (and sometimes acts) of forced, terribly violent subjugation.
He hadn’t experienced much of that here, and none of it since Noelle had lost her stranglehold on the Orlando pack.

And so, he was admittedly a bit bewildered to find himself wondering what reasons might bind him here when he had what he’d been looking for.
He was still chewing on that when he pulled up to Carmine, as close to the Club:Red entrance as he could get. He sat in the truck for a moment, thinking, watching the outside and imaging the inside, and then got out and walked toward the entrance. He’d ask for Nick.

}. Nick Curtis .{
Liberi Cruenti Lunae

‘Message Sent’, read the small digits on his phone screen. Fuck. OK. An onlooker may think it peculiar to note, when faced with some great big unknown that Carson was bringing with him, to do with the very dangerous, powerful, and very missing Master of the City with whom both he and Carson had been closely affiliated with the the past few years: some stranger with whom some grand puzzle piece could be revealed and some grave circumstance unleashed upon not only Nick & Carson but perhaps the entire city…and here Nick was, fretting about the next call he was going to have to make. To a woman. Another affiliate. His business partner.

Yeah. Peculiar.

He crossed the small distance to the desk and picked up the landline phone, a cream coloured, old-fashioned number (weren’t all landline phone a little old-fashioned?), but not old-fashioned enough that it didn’t have speed dial buttons, and he hit one of those.

She picked up on the 3rd ring. ”What have ye lost now?” Her honeyed southern Irish accent made it through even in so few works. He fought not to smile, but he’d already paused too long. “..Walt?”

”It’s Nick.”

”Awk is it now?” There was teasing there, but it didn’t last. Even she knew how improbable him calling her was - based on prior experience - and from the club especially. “What’s happened? Is somethin’ the matter?” Her business voice was always somehow less and more affected by her accent at the same time. Clearer, more efficient, and harsher.

”Nothing’s happened, but I need you here;” he inhaled slowly, filled his lungs with air and confidence. “Carson Marrick is bringing someone to meet with us, well, me - regarding Tyler. Could be a job, but it’s gotta be private and I need a wing woman for this meeting that I can trust.”

”Yer gettin sentimental on me Nicky…”

}. Nick Curtis .{
Liberi Cruenti Lunae

Nick he corrected her, mentally, at least. ”How fast can you be here?”

She sighed dramatically, and it fucking rippled down the line and over his skin in waves, making each of his arm hairs erect. “Ah’ll throw some clothes on, an’ ah’ll be there in 10.”

”We’ll meet in Code Red,” he stated quickly, and put the phone down before she could say anything more. He didn’t want her to have this affect on him, but his heart was skipping and his wolf was prowling around the room, as if it were agitated. That almost covered it, but not quite.

He navigated the internal staff corridors to emerge within the Code:Red bar area and made his way across the standing area towards the stage. The music venue was closed this evening, and although there were plenty of places here that could provide privacy for a meeting, something about this whole thing made Nick want space, space for…whatever could happen. He called Ronson from his phone, had the security chief make his staff aware that he was expecting guests in Code:Red, and to ensure they were allowed access. Routine checks would be good though, and a heads-up if there was anything…anything Nick should know in advance. Ronson had questions, but Nick had known he would. Let Ronson be hyper-observant, hyper-cautious. Guy knew his shit, that’s why he was here.

When Carson arrived and approached the entrance, 2 security personnel approached him, asked him his purpose. On the mention of Nick, they asked his name. They’d allow him in. Nick got a call. “There’s only one. Carson Marrick. One of yours. He’s on his way inside.”

One of yours. Wolf, he meant. ”No-one else?”

”Not yet.”

Hm. Nick approached the entrance way, where a broad but short corridor (it had girth) led between the main venue entrance and the interior of the venue. He’d meet you there as the security opened the door for you. His look would speak his words before his mouth did. “You’re alone?” Behind him, there was the clicking of heels across the hard floor of the standing area, and he inclined his head, didn’t want to look at her, not just yet. Didn’t want to feel his body react (but it already was doing). Her presence hit him like leaving an air-conditioned room on a muggy august late afternoon when the humidity descended like thick wet cloud. Wolf in his practically rolled over on it’s back. Great. Just great. United front here an’ all. Too much to ask?

”Neala,” his voice was a deep, resonant growl. “Tone it down.”

She reached him, entwining fingers to reach up and rest them uninvited upon his nearest shoulder and press her body weight idly against him…finally looking to give the arrival a once over. Her long red hair had been tied loosely back into some kind of stylish looking chignon that was held together by a wooden trinket she favoured, and her outfit was less ornate than was usual; a black blouse coupled with a deep burgundy pencil skirt that had some form of pattern in it. Each looked soft to touch, delicate. The black made her hair seem brighter, her skin seem luminous. Green eyes watched everything keenly. Carson would feel Nick’s reaction to this woman, this wolf. Probably understand it. “Hm,” she pressed ruby lips together, “Don’t believe we’ve met?”

Nick cleared his throat, and with a put-upon look that reminded him of the one he’d given Syd not so long ago, the presence of her wolf had it’s volume turned down a few notches.

Saleetia Silverblade
[WP House]
{-Is in the main Entrance of the Pack House-}
says to
to Everyone: It had taken a little driving but there we were back at the house. Syd having her say to the guys at the gate they were different then i had remembered but that was ok too every one grew and changed. even me in some ways. least i wasnt changing and shoifting on a whim . it was just the barries against others beasts that i was bad at. and that had only been because Robert was ogne. passing by the trees and the tire swing the spot Me and Ama used to sit and chat. finally i took a deep breath and walked in the door with Syd. Nick had been decent. he never was really hard hard on me but he had to keep us all in line i supposed. Less cranky yeah id say that was it he seems more content in his own skin since last i saw him. it was gonna be weird being back. it didnt take long before I heard a ceratin boot fall on the floor amoungst the questions and introductions. I then looked at the floor when I seen the one settled in the boots. I knew what was comming just by the way he leaned in the doorway.

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Moderate-Level 1
DH|IR
Carson was greeted by the two security personnel as he approached and, strangely enough, he found the encounter reassuring. Security meant protection for anyone who wasn’t trouble, and Carson hardly considered himself trouble. It wasn’t until he’d been ushered past them and along his merry way that he realized he could very well be bringing trouble, whether he wanted to or not.
He would be measuring the building, hoping to get a sense of the layout and what it could all bring in terms of keeping everything under control, cause he was no stranger to having to leave a place in a hurry, and not always under the best conditions. Carson just hoped that, whatever went down tonight, he’d leave here with Nick still standing on his side of things. Strangely, he didn’t question which side he was on until the door opened for him and you were in view. He’d expected the look. Or one like it.
“I am.” Carson heard the heels, but whether that would register for him in the same way as it did for you, what with no familiarity to base it off and the sounds of the building all about, was likely due to how the lady would make her presence known. When she did, Carson understood. You weren’t alone. But he didn’t feel overwhelmed or outnumbered. Though the power if left unleashed would always trigger discomfort in him. No, he wasn’t on the defensive. At least not yet. For now, he still thought of himself as being on your side, whatever side that might be in the grander scheme. Maybe. One of the things that would be a little clearer after the night was done.
The woman got cozy with you, fast and fierce, and form-wise she was… she was captivating. Even with her reigning in on the wolf she was a force. The long red hair caught his gaze, blouse held it, and she might have gotten more attention if it weren’t for her very physical attachment to you. That and his determination to see this through. To get to the goal. Finally. But she was not something anyone could ignore. And he had no reason to want to.
Carson gave the woman a smile that spoke volumes of his deep-rooted good nature, a chivalry that not even a night, and a meeting like this could underplay. His gravelly voice, though nearly monotone by nature, was shaped by that smile. Sang of it in a most subtle way. “I don’t think we have, no. It’s Carson, ma’am.” A slight bow of the head went along with the end of that. Then his eyes went to you. “I hope you don’t mind, but I’m here on… Business. I’m going to ask a favor from Nick.”

Sileena
NPC | Snake | Alpha 3
DH|RPO Room Moderator
says to Everyone:

Carson had sent the message before leaving the diner some time ago. And unlike the werewolf she hadn’t accepted distractions. Detours.
She arrived. She blended. She took it all in from the outside. A lot of bodies. A lot of eyes. Setting tipped the advantage. Potential for risk, exposure, witnesses… All unfavorable.
She watched arrivals and departures. She saw a truck. Saw a man. Heard a name at the door. Watched Carson enter. She found an inebriated man urinating against a wall. She slipped a gloved hand into a jacket, drew out a phone. She remembered Carson’s number. She sent a text.

TOO RISKY. GO OUTSIDE. WALK TOWARD THE MOON. KEEP WALKING.

Sent. Deleted history. Phone back in its pocket. Urinating man still urinating, mostly undisturbed and completely unaware.

Saleetia Silverblade
[WP House]
{-Is in the main Entrance of the Pack House-}
says to Everyone:
~I was nudged a bit by Syd. and I looked up He nodded towards the kitchen and asked if I ate yet shaking my head no He waved me over to the kitchen area , was that lasagana i smelled?

}. Nick Curtis .{
Liberi Cruenti Lunae
says to Everyone:

“Ma’am?” She echoed, blinking those big eyes of hers, bigger here because of, whatever this was she was doing. Putting on a show. “Oh, I like him,” she enthused, returning her attention to Nick. “He can stay.”

”In case you’re wondering,” Nick was trying to give off the vibe of restrained tolerance, despite the wants of his beast and body. He could remain focused. There were certainly more important things at play here. “she isn’t actively trying to be patronising,” he turned his face left to look at her. “It’s in her nature.” Her mouth, was only centimetres away. He clenched his wisdom teeth tight, making his cheekbones tighten, his jaw set. She mock-pouted and backed away, but not before letting her own gaze linger on his mouth. The fuck was she playing at?

”Aye, well we’re all here on business,” she sighed, allowing one hand to slip from Nick’s shoulder to her side. The other remained there, maintaining contact with a too-warm hand. “You had someone for us to meet?”

Nick had hardly introduced you to the lady at his side, but she seemed perfectly comfortable being here - both at his side, and in this place. Your cellphone buzzed. “Anything I need to know about your mystery guest?” he’d ask, wanting some kind’ve insight, something you’d share with him. Maybe only him. He trusted Neala, even in this situation, but he had no way to convey that trust to you, especially not with the way she was right now.

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Moderate-Level 1
DH|IR

Carson only grinned at her words, almost by instinct looked toward the earth before giving her a charming, charmed smile and a “Well, my thanks then” before you chipped in. All things considered, Carson wasn’t a stranger to a woman’s attention, or their teasing, but in his life he’d learned to focus even while remembering manners.
The message underlying both of your statements was clear to him, the question of who would be joining them. Carson wished he knew more, but the truth was plans with Tyler had changed, and often changed. As much as Tyler seemed to always want to be a step ahead, he also seemed a little too experienced with moving in tune with the chaos. Even if he seemed to share very little of his head space with Carson. The vampire had told the werewolf there’d be a fallback. There’d be a call if there was an absence. There’d be a third. Maybe more. They’d be effective. His cellphone had rung. Carson checked it as he responded to your question.
“We’ll both be meeting her at the same time, Nick. Tyler just told me that I’d hear from one of his if he ended up getting pulled away from Orlando for awhile. He said that if we were both committed, if we decided to go through with it, then he’d take care of the rest. He said she’d do what needed doing, to trust that we’d get the best for the job.” Carson sighed, having read the text. He knew it was her.
He thought for a moment on how to get you to comply, and struggled with it because the truth was he wanted it to go down inside Carmine as well. He’d decided on that. This was a poor way to start things off. Sileena was just making this harder on them. And him. As always, Carson just summoned up the truth and set it all out - why he’d go out there, do what she wanted, and why he was so dedicated to what would otherwise seem a risky dive into an ocean of the unknown and possibly unwise. He met your eyes, with glances to Neala as she’d be in on the same doubts as the rest of us.
“That was her, Nick. She wants us to go outside. Says this place is ‘too dangerous’. She wants us to walk toward the moon and keep walking. Likely we’ll meet her along the way. I know this is crazy. I know this is asking a lot. But Nick… Neala… this means everything to me. This is my best chance at finally being able to stop… hunting, when I don’t want to have to keep doing this. Not after 15 years of looking, searching. Cause this… I’m asking you to go to Detroit with me. Tyler tracked someone to Detroit, Nick… And this woman we’re going to meet… she’s my best chance of finding my sister.”

His eyes were wet, even as he tried to win you with words and not a break down. The man was almost winning an impossible battle. “Emma is in Detroit.”