Author Topic: Nick gets a call from Carson  (Read 147 times)

Enelya

• Elder Vampire- Room Owner
  • Administrator
  • Room Owner
    • View Profile
Nick gets a call from Carson
« on: April 19, 2017, 12:52:35 pm »
04/17/17-[15:22:54] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

}. Nick "The Trick" Curtis .{
-{Alpha Wolf|Lvl 2|Geri}-
Liberi Cruenti Lunae

DH:RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
{- is deep in the bowels of the Carmine Complex: Shifters Only -}
says to
to Everyone: It was a Monday, yes, but no ordinary Monday. It being Easter meant that the club was a bit busier than it would usually be, but even so, tonight was Shifters Only. There was at least one of those nights each week, and a part of the club was ‘SO’ at all times. It kept the human punters safe, and kept the shifters happy; meant they could loose their shields more than usual, be a bit more playful than they would around the humans. Humans with a drink in them were notoriously unpredictable when it came to how they reacted to a little bit of ‘play’ from a shifter, regardless of how harmless it may have been intended. That was a lesson quickly learned.

Nick was on the ground floor bar, the closest one to the entrance way, that became a mezzanine overlooking the main bar and dance-floor on the level below. Leaning against the railing, he was looking down, letting his gaze passively examine those down there, having fun. It was nights like this that attracted the most media attention. That Shifter Only nights existed wasn’t a new concept by any means, but for a popular club (albeit, one on the outskirts of the city) to be doing them, especially a place which had long-standing status as being frequented by the shifter population of not just Orlando but the state of Florida itself, meant the spotlight shone when it was ‘SO’ night. The media and authorities watched and waited for something to go wrong, or for some spicy scrap between races, or for security to put a foot out of place and let a few non-shifters inside by accident (there were plenty who tried to gain access, after all). Yet that was outside, and maybe, just maybe, the hype was dying off. He trusted the door team and security personnel inside to keep things tight. They were big enough and mean enough to manage it.

It wasn’t long ago that Nick would have kept a low profile on SO nights. That had changed. Hell, a bunch of things had changed, slowly but surely over the past 6 months. It was intentional change, yes, driving towards an end goal…but sometimes it felt like maybe he’d just stopped caring.

(04/17/17-[15:23:00] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
says to ALL: enters the room....

(04/17/17-[15:37:29] )
:: [ Sex and Candy ]::
Sydney Taylor Acostus
That’s Ms. Growly to you!
Mod Level 2 – Wolf | Liberi Cruenti Lunae
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
{- is at or near the Restricted Access: Shifters Only -}
says to
to Everyone: - Long legs, short dress with the fuck me heels. The high roller style of clothing and look had rolled up in the small little sports car, parking in the underground she climbed out of the little car and locked it up. The sound of her heels clicked along the pavement when she moved. Her blonde tresses bounced with each step. Slowly she reached the entrance, more so the employee one to boot but who was going to tell her to get out? Not any bitch in the joint but one and it would not go so well she would imagine. Once Mike had let her in she smiled and moved along the back hall coming out one of the side doors to the main stage of the area. Near the bar, her emerald hues registering over all she was seeing and smile a bit, but kept her guard in check.

She would not send out her beast to search for anyone in particular. Having taken the night to herself while James was off on some dinner date. She would party it up and see just where the fun might take her. Something she hadn’t done since before Andrew’s time. A party place, styling face and well who knew what would hold for her. Slowly she pushed herself forward, looking over those upon the dance floor when the beat had changed and she stepped in, simply let that lithe form move with the beat of intoxication. Eyes close head swaying side to side while her hips rolled and she was being touched.. Not sexually just working with those around her.

(04/17/17-[15:49:52] ) wildfire
says to ALL: enters the room....

(04/17/17-[15:53:24] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
[Other location in Orlando]
{-Is in another location in Orlando-}
says to
to Everyone:
He was wasting time. Carson had gotten the call, it had carried an urgent message, and when he’d first hung up he’d felt that it the most important thing he could have done was to immediately call Nick. He’d had the phone in his hand. He had Nick’s number. He had the Pack House number as back up, even if Nick’s phone was unreachable. The anticipation was an overwhelming energy, the need to push forward was the peak of a great yearning that had grown until it threatened to crush him, and it all hung on one call.
Instead, Carson had walked into the diner, had placed an impossibly large order, and had waited to eat.

It was time well wasted. He was hungry, yes, but it wasn’t hunger that made the decision make sense. It was the time it could buy him. Time to think. Time to realize what he was about to do, what he was about to ask, what he was about to oblige others to do. Even the easiest part – asking Nick to meet with him and specify that it had to be in a private place, away from the rest of the pack, away from most of his back up, his protection, his family – now, when in the moment, seemed something that required immense effort, planning, strategy. And Carson wasn’t cut out for this king of strategy. Usually he got by just stating things as they were, holding his head in his hand, and believing that what he was asking would only help people.
This wasn’t one of those kind of things. This could go bad. Real bad. People had already probably died trying to achieve the same goal. Worse, they’d been “disappeared” and in some ways, to a man who was tight with a big family, a man who is all family… being gone with nothing left behind was a hard sell.
God damn I wish Tyler was here. Damn him for leaving this crap part of it to me. He’d know what to say, and he wouldn’t give a shit about… He pushed the thought away. Not only was it not fair to Tyler, but it also implied Carson wanted to be able to care less. And that wasn’t true. Carson cared. For better or worse, he cared a whole lot. That’s what made this hard. Family and family. Rock and a hard place.
The waiter came into view with the first two plates of his meal.

At least there was bacon.

(04/17/17-[16:08:35] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

Liberi Cruenti Lunae

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: Nights such as this one had, over time, become idea opportunities for meetings, or less formal meet’n’greets between animal groups from within and outside of the city. The conference facilities had that purpose, yes, but there were suites here within the club that brought something special to the party, let them talk business and still enjoy themselves. But not too much.

God, it was such a fine line to walk. What to allow here? What he was comfortable with, and what Neala was comfortable with, were not always in sync. The ‘gentlemen’s club’ here, known as the Scarlet Room, was - believe it or not - one of the things Nick had been reluctant to go with. He felt it was deferring from what they wanted to achieve. Neala’s argument was that it added something different to the place, and that it didn’t have to be seedy. They wanted exposure and they wanted spectacle, and they didn’t want to shy away from what they were. Here, in the Scarlet room (- Neala had wanted ‘Cherry’, or ‘Lust’, sticking with the colour-related names but Nick had overruled her on those, ha), people could come and watch, not just a stripper but a shapeshifter - use all that grace in their lithe bodies to entertain their audience. Maybe it didn’t sound like much, but the papers loved it. There was more to come on that front, of course, if they could get the right dancers, and if they could keep it ‘safe’.

There were no meetings being held here tonight, at least, nothing official that Nick or any of the management team knew about, and with the punters all being shifters and the club being the focus of the night, the Scarlet Room was closed. It gave the dancers the night off, and helped spread the security effort around the remaining open areas of the complex. There were a couple of the dancers enjoying their time off on the dance floor, basking in the energies that were rife to soak up, amongst the throng of other lycans, other cats and rats, and whatever else was in here tonight.

Nick smiled and breathed, letting his shields slip away, and there was an instantaneous ‘ping’ in response to this, a bounce back of energy. Pack, he arched a brow and followed the energy back, narrowed down his focus on it. Ah. The smile broadened and he straightened from where he had been leaning. Sydney was here. He stepped around a couple that had been chatting and drinking next to him, and made his way to the staircase to descend down to the level you were on. He hadn’t seen you come in, so had to assume you’d used the underground parking (which would have brought you in at this level). He was practically Sherlock Holmes right now. He slowed at the base of the steps, to watch you dance and relax, allowing people to pass him on the stairs, offer their greetings, etc. Did he want to distract you as you enjoyed yourself? His energy reached out to you, let you know he was there.

(04/17/17-[16:22:14] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to [Forced into the Hunt] C: - Her body gyrated with the music from the sway of her hips to the beat of her head and back she was enjoying the grinding on a male she didn’t know nor care to know. Her shields started to drop and she felt the warm call, the warm embrace when her metaphysical beast stood at attention. The man she had been dancing with had felt it to, even smiled a wicked smile like he would be getting some tonight from her.

Smiling softly Syd stopped moving her body looking up to where the shields had dropped and the energy that pressed in on her was standing a genuine grin played at the colored lips, before a blush crept up into her cheeks. Leaning in she told the guy who was grinding her she was heading for a drink, he noted you in regards to who you were staring at. Syd pushed on moving carefully through the throngs of dancers.

Taking a few steps she would look up as she smiled softly. “Nick, great party tonight. Have to say I was skeptical about actually coming to one” She teased, having been to the club almost nightly making sure the girls were set up and ready to go on stage, or hell even the guys. Those were the best to train she thought. They had no since of movement or style and couldn’t quiet grasp why they had to be a damn hotty to boot. A chuckle fell from her lips before her embers met yours..

(04/17/17-[16:44:47] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

Liberi Cruenti Lunae

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: There was no way not to notice that you were enjoying yourself out there, and that the same could be said for your dance partner. It was still early on in the evening though, and though things were touchy feely out there (hell, stick a bunch of horny shifters anywhere enclosed and see how long any type of physical restraint can be maintained, I dare you), it tended to get even more heated later on. The security people were not just here to keep people out and stop fights.

Nick had managed to get your attention though, and his shoes hit dance floor level as you disentangled yourself with a whisper in the fella’s ear. “Breaking hearts out there?” He grinned and held his hands out to you, palm up. Should you take them, he’d tug you towards him and lean to graze lips against your cheek. He was decked out in dark denim jeans and a well-fitted tee underneath a casual blazer, looking sharp and smashing a smart-casual style. Wasn’t quite hooker-boots but they definitely worked better on you.

”Yeah, there’s a different energy when there are no humans in…” he floated the statement, glad you were here. It had been a pleasant enough weekend all around, and you’d been a big part of that. He didn’t want to impress too much of an importance upon certain things, but fuck, waking up cuddled next to someone? He’d missed that. That it was you was a kindness; a sugar-coating. A relief, if you like, and so far, no repercussions…and why should there be, eh? Wasn’t it innocent enough?

Meh, even Nick wasn’t naive enough to give himself the benefit of that doubt. “Here on business, or for pleasure?”

(04/17/17-[16:56:47] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to ]..|Delusions of Grandeu: - The guy had watched her leave him for another and he was back to gyrating with in moments with some other chic in the crowd. When she approached as you hit the dance floor she put her hands in yours and smiled coming in closer as you kissed her cheek and she nuzzled into you a few moments, taking a step back she would raise a brow, her hands breaking for yours a moment as she walked around you to get a better look before, back in front she waltz.

“I am impressed look at you.” She would tease softly, and then she heard your words of breaking hearts. Thinking on it a moment a shifty smirk rose upon painted tiers before a slender shoulder rose then drop with a shrug. “That depends; they probably wouldn’t have much luck you know.” She said softly leaning more into you as she watched those around her, the feeling of your warmth next to her was nice and it had been a good weekend.

The run, the talks, the being back among the one person she enjoyed the most. Her Bestie Nick. Looking up when your sentence trailed off she would tilt her head. “its truly different, with all the Mixed energies it can get truly over whelming if one isn’t prepared” she would say lightly before watching your expression as you floated in and out of a thought it seemed. “I am here on pleasure which I hope you will make sure I have a great evening. I am with out a date so, Care to entertain me for an evening?” she asked holding out her arm to you.

(04/17/17-[17:00:03] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: After a longggggggggggggggggg ased drive and getting lost inmy little betlegeuse at least twice i finally made my way here. looking about the place i noted a bouncer sniffing me then noddong oi felt a lil push against my wolf i was getting used to that now but it was a gentle usher of his wolf that i was ok and guiding me where to go . So i ajucted my glasses and went that way. Dee sniders voice echoing in my ears form a video i seen him in . shaking the thought outta my head. i wondered if they had something really potent i could drink i needed a good buzz.

(04/17/17-[17:03:35] ) La : Leaves the room...

4/17/17-[17:14:17] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

Liberi Cruenti Lunae

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: He flash a put-upon sort’ve look as you gave him a little once-over. Thinking for a moment, he wondered if he’d ever seen you lose your shit, be overwhelmed by energies or by the pull of the moon or the scent of blood. Nothing came to mind. It was only your temper that had ever threatened your control, or when you’d been well and truly fucked over by your creep of an ex and your father, of all fucking people. Generally though, you kept your shit tight. You had nothing to worry about here. “I reckon I can keep you reasonably entertained,” he mused, “that is, if you don’t mind hangin out with an oldie.” There was a bit of a laugh at that, but the average age in the place tonight was probably in the low 20’s. Or at least looked it. Guess that was the good thing about shifters. There was another ping of energy that had him glance towards the entrance, the level above where he and Syd were. Another pack member was here. Curious.

(04/17/17-[17:16:28] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
says to
to Everyone:
The bacon was the first to go, as is man’s rule. What followed was a delicious sea of no-regrets: Waffles, fried eggs, toast with butter and apricot jam, black coffee, hash browns (which he covered in maple syrup), fried ham, biscuits, and a slice of apple pie. He was probably full, but the realization that he’d have to make that call when he was done made him consider a follow-up order. Maybe pancakes?
Family is everything. And then Carson’s thoughts drifted back to the pack.
He had cultivated his own idea of what family was, what it meant, what it was worth. To be among others, to belong with others, was a privilege denied him for years. And most of that denial was his refusal to connect, to be connected, with anyone and with any place.
C arson remembered earlier visits to the Winter Park. He remembered Noelle stripping him of his dignity and forcing him to unleash the beast he’d despised. He could recall Amadeus threatening his life, the violence that surrounded the pup and seemed then to be ever-present around the house. He remembered embarrassing himself in front of the pack on several occasions, being threatened, being patronized, and he could recall people trying to make him believe that their way of thinking, of living, was objectively better and he all the fool for thinking otherwise.

A man who was probably just into his forties’ and who looked like he’d seen a few fights short of too many, who’d entered the diner just after Carson had, was of some real unfortunate timing when he started offering some rudely impatient remarks to a waitress while the werewolf was revisiting those memories. Carson shouted out to them, got the man’s attention faster than he’d expected.
“You’re going to want to leave the nice waitress alone. She’s busy. She’s feeding me. And I wouldn’t want her to think we don’t appreciate her doing her best. So sit down. Now. Your turn’s coming.”
The man’s hair was mostly grey, cut short and unkempt, and he had all the obvious signs of a fellow who reacted first with violence before thought plodded along much later. So when the man quieted, took his seat and just watched the werewolf, well, Carson was thrown off. He offered a quick “thanks” in his low, gravelly voice, and suddenly felt like he’d gotten it wrong.

Maybe he was thinking on the wrong side of it. Carson’s thoughts went to Becky and the ease of her friendship that lasted longer than he’d have wagered. He remembered his old boss, James Fuller, trusting a stranger from out of town, giving him a job, paying him well enough to settle in Orlando and stay in the right. He remembered friendly wolves at the pack house, Declan and especially Sydney, that came about all because Nick had gone out of his way to just… try. To not be like so many of the other alphas Carson had met before. To be a man worthy of a word even as he was a wolf worthy of respect.
And all this time Carson was trying to buy himself time so he might find words that would work right when he called. Why? What part of this required the tricks he’d seen others play, sneaky tactics that just left him uneasy? Why was he trying so hard to think, to talk, like Tyler might have if he was around? So Carson didn’t have all the words, he just had all he knew. All he needed, all he was searching for, could be had if he just made the call and met with a man he actually liked.
Carson picked up his phone and dialled.
RING RING NICK

(04/17/17-[17:19:10] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: - She had turned towards the door where another of their family had arrived and she smiled softly. Nick had pegged her, it wasn’t the energies, the pull, her shifts were well handled for someone like her it would seem she didn’t understand it, how she could manage such things but what did catch her attention was her temper was not something she could handle but more recently she learned to keep it in check. A smile of delight upon her lips to your put on sort’ve look and she chuckled softly. Before you spoke. “I rather hang with an oldie, some of the beast in here M’dear are barely legal and I rather not have them humping my leg.” She teased softly taking a step off the dance floor. Her body shifting as she would await you, to go and greet their other pack Member. Hearing Nick’s phone ring she would pause to see if he had to take it.

4/17/17-[17:23:24] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: Moving to get a beer and showing my canadian id and soon purchasing it if i had held onto that darned bottle neck any tighter id snap it but i chugged it back like water before ordering a second. I hated the feel of everything at once . maybe this was a bad idea. movig off to a corner of the room in s=the shadows looking about to see who I knew and who i didnt . most i didnt know or looked familiar but i couldnt place a name . feeling the buzz of a text in my pocket i peeked at my phone then looked down tryong to text and ignore everyones beast trying to bump uglies with me at once.~

04/17/17-[17:39:54] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

Liberi Cruenti Lunae

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: He couldn't get a look at the pack member who'd just arrived from down here, but the energy wasn't one that stuck out as a regular to him, so he'd need a closer look. That said, there was so much energy being bundled around in here it was tough to single out many individuals. Funny that Syd had stuck out so much. There were only a few he could think of that he might be able to identify just like that. "I'll also refrain," he smirked, "though it's a lovely leg. Shall we?" He offered you an arm to guide you upstairs with him to the ground floor. His intention was to figure out who the new arrival was, but it was a bit quieter up the bar up there, through a small archway from the mezzanine. He phone vibrated in his pocket and his fished it out and held it to his ear, without glancing at the screen, which was a nasty habit. "You've got Nick Curtis," it was noisy, so he raised his voice, and when he didn't/couldn't hear an immediate response, he glanced at the screen, then held it back to his ear, separating his arm from Syd's as the reached the top of the stairs. Finger pressed to his other ear, he pressed his phone hard to the side of his face (cos yeah, that would help. "Carson?" Something in his tone had changed, had become charged with something else.

4/17/17-[17:49:15] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: - She had looked for the other, she had felt it several times but couldn’t figure out where it was coming from or who. So she simply continued to search until Nick had caught her attention as he said he would also refrain she raised a brow. “What if I didn’t want you to..” she teased softly as you spoke of her leg and it being lovely she shook her head and took your arm. Reaching the stairs she climbed them carefully with you. Watching as something had changed and she felt you wiggle out of her arm. Her head tilted to the side. Looking back over the floor before her she would look back to Nick as he moved a bit away from her. Her hearing geared on his side of the convo while searching out the pack member

04/17/17-[17:51:28] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
says to
to ]..|Delusions of Grandeu:
Carson heard the noise first – the sounds, the energy behind them, and quickly assumed you were neither at the pack house, nor in a private place. He was having almost as much difficulty hearing you as you were hearing him. He raised his voice slightly, just trying to be heard and to be clear.
“Nick? Yeah it’s Carson. Can we meet?” Your response was one of not having heard any of that so he turned to face a window, ducking a little in the diner booth (cause that definitely helped), raised his voice again. “Nick. Can you go someplace where we can hear each other? We gotta talk, it’s important.”
He’d wait. Possibly struggling to hear. When Carson raised his head he noticed the man he’d –admittedly- threatened was directing all his attention Carson’s way. Great! Now I’m the one being a public annoyance!

04/17/17-[17:54:19] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: Nik and Sydney~ A flash of a young gal would blow past you after her chugging a beer she headed for the door in a flash if anyone could feel anything in her she was getting overwelmed and her wolf agitated. once outside she headed down the nearest alley way and cursed a few times kicked a trash bin and dented it then stood and pout her back against the wall and took in a few deep breaths tryong to calm her wolf by a quick quiet meditation.

04/17/17-[18:13:50] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: - She felt the brush of something coming past her, her skin prickled and she saw the dark hair as it disappeared through a door. Looking torn between leaving Nick’s side to go after what that was she would ponder a moment. Looking back to Nick to see if he felt it too. Perhaps she could get Nick to follow her to go after the wolf and he can get the quiet he was trying for with the phone.

catching his look she would nod her head and head towards the door watching Nick a moment before turning on her heels and heading out of the door as you spoke. She knew where you would be or at least she would find you for sure. Moving along the hall she exited and looked a bit as she paused.. Heading for the girl who was now leaning against the wall she would watch her a moment. “Saleetia you alright?” Syd said sending her beast out to comfort your own. Something James had been teaching her to do. When they were in the pack it was much easier to calm a fellow mate with

4/17/17-[18:21:33] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: ~I opened my eyes and flet something trying to calm my inner self. why not least it wasnt tring to hump the inner me. I looked more like a dea rin the headlight thean a wolf.~"How..how do you.. you've seen me before?" I had seen you but the name escaped me . after all i seen more of Ama and Robert thean anyone. else. I was starting to feel calmer.~"Are you doing that?... its hard to seperate everyone when it all seems to come at once.

04/17/17-[18:29:37] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Forever LostSaleetia Sil: - Syd moved closer to you as she smiled softly. Her emerald hues watching you as you were calming, she wasn’t going to hump you. The only being she might was.. well.. Busy.. she dropped that thought when her own beast huffed a bit to that realization and she smiled softly. “I am good and yes I have seen you before you are at the house. I am Sydney. I don’t think we have ran much into each other. Yes I am doing that” She said softly holding her hand out for you to shake if you wanted. “Its over whelming especially if you don’t know how to control your beast or block it. Something an Alpha should be teaching, where is yours?” Syd said looking around for your Alpha assist. Syd’s had been mainly Declan until Nick sorta stepped in and then came James who had pushed both men out of her training sitch but then who knew right?

4/17/17-[18:37:07] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
says to
He heard the background noise change a few times, and then steadily drop in volume before it suddenly was nearly gone entirely (Carson guessed it was on the other side of a good door). Your question got right to it, and so he did too. There was no hesitation in his voice, he’d abandoned uncertainty and would just do, say, what came naturally.
“You know when Tyler was leaving, all that talk of Detroit, how I said it was too important to move ahead without him? Well, I didn’t figure he’d be gone this long. I think we need to meet. Somewhere private.” He considered leaving it at that, waiting until he was face to face with you to dole out the heavy bits, but realized that he wouldn’t be meeting you alone. He didn’t want you going in not knowing that, and not knowing why things had to be a certain way.
Carson had been moving while he talked. He’d let you respond on that as he’d pulled out his wallet, paid for the meal, offered a smile and a nod of thanks to the familiar service staff, and then kept talking. “Nick, there’s someone else too. There’s a woman, you haven’t met her, but Tyler knows her. He told her that if ever he was gone long enough to miss three consecutive check-ins… I mean if he didn’t reach out to her at a time they’d arranged, three times, then she… we… were to move ahead with…”
Carson kept his mouth shut then until he was through the door, outside the diner and walking toward the Ram 1500. “Well, there’s a lot to it, and I think she… Tyler’s friend… wants to be there when we talk about it. Truth is I want to talk face to face myself, I want us to be clear on what Detroit means. She was the one who asked that we do it away from the pack.” He was in the truck, keying the engine. “She did say you could bring along a wolf you trust. I know this sounds… well, hell, it sounds strange. But I can explain better when we meet, and I don’t think this lady is any danger to us. But Tyler was keen on keeping this quiet. So I think she’s doing just that.”
He was quiet then. He knew how much and how little he had said, and he knew how he’d have felt being handed that over the phone. But he had to trust that you trusted him, or at least had some faith in Tyler. He’d said what he’d wanted to say over the phone - more, really. But it was out there, for better or worse. Carson counted on your knowledge of Tyler’s cryptic rant to Ryan to lend some support to the fact this was something the vampire had wanted done, done well, and done privately. He waited for your response.

(04/17/17-[18:39:22] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4
| Aeronautics Engineer | | Security Consultant |
DH : RPO

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: so Vince had heard of the party and had actually decided why the hell not. It wasn't like he got to go out very often, given his line of work. And given that he hadn't really had a chance to meet any of the other Breeds yet, he felt this was the most opportune time to make his presence known. As he walked in, he would lower his Shields just a bit, allowing his Bear to sniff around and to give a slight indication of the power he held within him. He smelled mostly Wolves, but others were here too. At least there were no Vampires present, because that would just stink to all hell of rotting corpses. At least to him. Vince made his way through the crowd, pulling a Cuban out from his inner jacket pocket and lighting it with a golden ZIPPO as steely grey orbs drank in the sight of all the Shifters present. Taking a slow drag on the Cuban he would tip his hat and allow a hint of a smile to cross his face as he was greeted by a couple of females. He had no idea what he should be doing here, but he figred he'd figure it out soon enough.

(04/17/17-[18:39:38] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: ~My alpha? Robert .. i wanted to cry hard then but i didnt but you could probally feel the grief. I shook your hand. ~ "He fell in battle. I should have never left .. it was a really stupid reason to ... but yanno when yer young yer not always smart about things, and my sence of ..perception was off. I am sure Nolans gonna have my hide when he sees me. is he still around? " ~you could tell she was still nervous and scared. ~ I heard if i left i wouldnt be welcome back the ulfric would have me killed for going rogue. your not here to kill me are you?

04/17/17-[18:45:03] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Forever LostSaleetia Sil: - Raising her brow she would press her beast once more to calm you again and she shook her head, the blonde tresses bouncing around her softly. “No I am not here to kill you and I doubt Mitch will allow that to happen. Come lets bounce.. Ill let Nick know I am going to take you home and we can talk more there You good with that?” She said softly as she smiled to you with an ease looked on her face

(04/17/17-[18:45:53] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: (Oh sure, leave right when the bear comes in LOL)

(04/17/17-[18:46:21] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to / / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \ : laughs it depends on the girly and I have to head to bed in a few

(04/17/17-[18:46:56] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: (Bed ish Ebil..but then again, so ish work lol)

(04/17/17-[18:47:03] ) La
says to / / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \ : [-snuggles the bear- still looking like a gay goth biker]

(04/17/17-[18:47:54] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to La: (Don' make me Chinese Tickle Torture you LOL)

(04/17/17-[18:48:14] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to / / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \ : yes well I have to work if I am going to keep a roof

(04/17/17-[18:48:38] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: (Yeah, that's why ish ebil)

(04/17/17-[18:48:47] )
-Just a little pain-

Samantha Johns
"Mouse"
Strong Biokinetic
"bite me... please"

says to / / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \ : [oh please please do that]

(04/17/17-[18:49:32] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to -Just a little pain-Sama: (Wait, you like Bamboo Shoots shoved in the fingernails? LOL)

(04/17/17-[18:50:02] )
-Just a little pain-

Samantha Johns
"Mouse"
Strong Biokinetic
"bite me... please"

says to / / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \ : [-points to mouse- pain freak]

(04/17/17-[18:50:19] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to -Just a little pain-Sama: (LOLz)

(04/17/17-[18:52:14] ) ]..|Delusions of Grandeur|..[
Est Deus In Nobis

-{Alpha Wolf|Lvl 2}-
Liberi Cruenti Lunae

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to [Forced into the Hunt] C: There were a couple of occasions where he could have interrupted you, chimed in and spoken some of his piece, but, in this case, he didn't have much to add. Tyler had vamoosed without speaking to him personally and it was only his last words (hm, maybe not the best way of thinking of them) to Ryan had steered him towards seeking more information from you. "Detroit is a mystery to me, even now, Carson, but if you want private, and want to enlighten me, then I can do private." He wet his lips with a swipe of his tongue, approaching the blinded window that looked down over the lower club levels. Took a peek through the blind. "Here can be private. I'm at Carmine. There are private spaces, it's out of town and it's easily accessible. It's also away from the pack." Hell, tonight was probably the most pack presence since the last time they'd stormed the place. It was interesting how he didn't include Neala as pack. Well, had anyone, ever?

He let the blind closed and stepped bak towards the middle of the room, not that you'd see that or that it would make any difference to you at the other end of the phone. "This friend of Tyler's, will she go for that?" He didn't ask what she was. It would go without saying that she was probably dangerous. That kind've thing and any prior dealings with Tyler went hand in hand.

(04/17/17-[18:52:55] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: Nick?..... oh i dunno ..I was kindda ..~and you could see her eyes widen what the heck happened to her that she was scared of Nick..?~ He may not wanna see me .

(04/17/17-[18:54:30] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Everyone: sings many many meatloaf songs)

4/17/17-[19:00:15] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

says to Everyone: - She would look to you a bit taken back by what you said, a thinly shaped brow would raise and she tilted her head a moment. “Why wouldn’t he want to see you or anyone in the pack for that matter?” She said not truly getting what had happened to lead to such things and she was left wondering.

(04/17/17-[19:00:33] )
/ / / - {DEATH} - \ \ \

Vincent LeGrand
Alpha Grizzly Lvl 4

says to Everyone: (I hate when my back keeps locking on me..Sumbitch!)

(04/17/17-[19:01:48] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: well .. ~my brain said fuck it just say it out loud~ I was told if i left and came back hed kill me . id be seen as a rogue.. a lone wolf.

(04/17/17-[19:05:09] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Forever LostSaleetia Sil: - She let out a soft chuckle to that and shook her head. "No Saleetia you would not. Mitch is now over the pack and You will be safe. cause any one touches a novice or one that needs her family they will have to go through me and I am not so easy to move." She said softly her vibrant greens watching carefully

4/17/17-[19:07:57] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: I am sure Noland is worried as well. im gonna get one hell of a lecture i just know it. its been too long since i called anywhere home. Well if you can be sure of nick not ripping me apart then i should let him know im about and where we intend to go then . he is after all .. higher on the command then me . that alone needs to be respected.

(04/17/17-[19:11:52] )
[Forced into the Hunt]

Carson Marrik
Wolf-Novice-Level 1
DH|IR
says to
The truck was still parked at the diner, though the engine ran. Carson’s eyes watched people arrive, some leave (including the man who’d almost saw the lesser side of a normally non-violent werewolf), but his thoughts were on your words, your suggestion, your question.
“Carmine…” It was a ways off, a bit of a drive from here, and he still would have to get in touch with Sileena. But then, he remembered she’d allowed him just one more message to her, and that had to be restricted to details on where the meeting would be and who would be attending.
So it was on Carson to make that call. Nick was in the right, it was away from official pack grounds. And, given the noises earlier and the connection Nick had with the place, Carson rightly assumed Nick was there now. The place sounded packed, so little chance of being overheard. There were places apart as Nick suggested, and the complex itself was a place apart from the city. It fit her criteria. It would allow Nick some comfort, a one-up when anyone would have wanted it, and if something didn’t go as well as Carson hoped then they may well be able to turn to the night’s guests for back up if… well… if anything. It was a good call.

“Carmine is fine, provided, yeah, we can go private. I need to let Tyler’s lady friend know where it’ll be, and who’s gonna be there. You shouldn’t be alone Nick. Get a wolf you know you can trust, someone maybe a little less intimidating to keep our mystery girl at ease. But someone who can hold her own in case Tyler’s take on a person’s character isn’t quite what I’ve come to believe.” He wasn’t sure where he’d decided that it being a female wolf would be better, but he let the assumption just lie out there. Nick would make the right call on that too.
“Let me know who’ll be standing for you, I’ll make the call and pass on the details. I still have a bit of a drive ahead of me to get to Carmine, and it looks like I have to make a stop…” A message from Trevor had popped on his phone -Out of blood. Don’t make me eat the neighbors- so yeah that would be a must-do. “But I’m on my way. And Nick…” He smiled, his gravelly voice ringing with every measure of sincerity. “Thanks.”
He’d let you have your say, collect the names of who you’d invite to go along with the location, and then he’d hit the road.

(04/17/17-[19:12:30] )
Sydney Taylor Acostus
DH|RPO - Room Staff

[Carmine Complex]
says to
to Forever LostSaleetia Sil: - Smiling softly as she looked to you. “Well I should tell him I was going home I cant have him wondering what happened to me after I told him he could be my date. That would be rude of me. Come Lets go see him” she said offering up her arm to you as she let her beast guide your own and shield it a little. When they turned and started to head back through the door.

4/17/17-[19:15:28] )
Forever Lost

Saleetia Silverblade
[Carmine Complex]
says to
to :: [ Sex and Candy ]::Sy: i felt more relaxed maybe it was yer wolf conforting mine. maybe i had remembered the familiarity of it before i left. So i did take your arm and return with you .inside. after all nothing out here was gonna help much. i needed to do this. to ease my own mind. ~ yeah.. sounds like a plan.

Seth

• DH- CO OWNER
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Nick gets a call from Carson
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 05:52:02 pm »
bump (for timeline consistency)